Monday, July 13, 2009

Stuff

I tested the Whammer Jammer. Gotta say I like it. It's a compact little bastard, even if it is too wide to be concealable. OK, so I made a mistake or two, and learned a lesson. First thing I did was fire my two bolts at a redwood round. At fifteen feet they penetrated 2 inches. And there they remain. One day I'll get around to digging them out, I suppose. Lesson: Don't fire arrows into solid wood; fire them into hay bales. I also fired two .38 rounds, and at 15 feet they stuck into solid redwood. They pried out no problem, and they tumbled in flight so that they impacted at odd angles, but I was still impressed. The bottom line is this: Crossbows are silent, powerful and way, way fun. And they look bad-ass.

Made plum jam the other night with two hotty femaliens. We picked roughly a full brown grocery bag of wild yellow/green plums, then proceeded to can 27 jars of jam. Quite satisfying, and good stuff.

Am contemplating starting up an East Bay Kitchen Garden Survivalist Tribe. The Peak Oil group I am part of is not floating my boat. I'm at the end of my tenure there. Uninspired on all fronts. Gotta do something more hands-on.

Hang tight, Hippie Survivalists! We will get our shit together and make this PowerDown happen the right way. Peace, love and bullets.

No comments:

Post a Comment