Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What Goverment Should Be


I often tell people that I am anti-government, but that is not really true. I believe that the role of government at all levels should be severely limited, and relegated to the following areas:

1. Providing for the defense of the people

2. Limiting the power of corporations, and

3. Promoting maximum self-reliance amongst the citizenry at all times

All government positions should be volunteer, for this is the only way to A) prevent the build-up of dysfunctional bureaucracies and B) prevent government from becoming a business.

Daily governance should be self-regulated by the public, thru grass roots, bottom-up movements that are governed by necessity and by individual responsibility.

Yeah, I guess I'm a Libertarian or a social anarchist at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment