Sunday, January 24, 2010

The iPhone

I bought my first cell phone (ever!) 3 weeks ago, and it has revolutionized my life. It is capable of doing so many things that it is best described as providing "All information at all times." It functions as a phone, camera, movie camera, scanner, GPS, video game console, level, flashlight, ruler, TV/movie monitor, Kindle ebook reader, MP3 player, internet browser, email interface, fuel economy gauge, currency converter, calculator, compass...the list goes on and on. It has voice recognition for Google internet searches. It turns spoken word into text. It scans barcodes and does automatic price comparisons. It provides directions and maps at the touch of a button. It tracks me live on maps as I drive around. I can send and receive text messages and voice messages with it. It is now one of my most prized survivalist tools. I predict that in a few more years, tiny cell phone-based notebook computers will replace laptop computers. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment