Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pragmatism and Apocalypse

Am reading Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation Into Civilization's End by Lawrence E Joseph (ISBN: 978-0-7679-2448-1). It's an impressive book: Funny, inciteful, intelligent and well-researched. The best thing about it, though, is that Lawrence Joseph presents both the scientific AND the philosophical/spiritual arguments for cataclysm in 2012. In a word, his writing is pragmatic. Only six months ago I pooh-poohed the 2012 scare as just that - another scare. But now the fever grips me and I am...concerned. Fear is growing inside me.

We have three years til 12/21/12. That gives me three years to get my house in order. A goodly amount of time! Time to get in sound physical shape, to perfect my diet, to become a capable gardener, to get LittleFoot up and running, to gain additional rural/urban homesteading skills, to get my financial house in order, and to learn a skill that will allow me to make a living in the post-industrial world.

I'm already addressing several of these aspects, with more plans on the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment