Friday, October 16, 2009

Minor Health Miracle

I restructured my diet about 3 months ago, cutting out wheat, flour, sugar, most red meat and processed foods, and replacing them with organic produce/vegetable juice, quinoa, raw dairy products including raw goats milk, and raw/live foods whenever possible. So far I have lost 15 pounds (down to 195 from 210). My gut is completely gone. The strangest aspect of this is that I never set out to lose weight or limit my calorie consumption, nor do I consider my new diet to be "dieting". My metabolism is simply functioning as it should. I eat eggs, raw cheese, whole milk, raw butter, and feel that these foods are extremely healthy and nourishing, BECAUSE of their calories and fat content.

My impetus for this dietary change? A statement made repeatedly by Penny Kelly in her book Robes: A Book of Coming Changes. "Manufactured food cannot sustain human life. It leads to sickness, disease and death." Ruminate on that one, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment