Sunday, February 28, 2010

Knots & Pimps & Squirrels & Stuff

*Am learning basic knots with an iPhone App called ProKnot: the Double Fisherman's, the Sheet Bend, the Square, the Tautline Hitch, the Trucker's Hitch, the Butterfly, the Figure Eight. Amazingly useful and simple.
*Transplanted a Mandarin Orange tree into a bigger pot at my parents' place today, and found a sunny, fenced location for it. Also began terracing the hillside above the barn. Pops goes in for radiation treatment tomorrow.
*Sepp Holzer. This old man in Austria. Practices permaculture on his farm in the mountains. Turned his patch of Pine forest into an a series of terraced gardens and fish ponds. Actually grows warm weather vegetables at 4,000 feet, because he created his own microclimates. Dude's a wizard, inspires me, reminds me that imagination makes the impossible happen. Check Old Man Mountain out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzRzJRiUylg
*Got bitched out at 9:30 AM today by a ball-breaker I'm not even f*cking. How's that for a Sunday morning? I busted her balls right back. Wanna wake me up on my day off, after another exhausting week? Then be nice, or f*ck off.
*Found this book in a free bag down the street while walking to get coffee: The Pimp's Rap, A True Story by The Master Pimp ISBN:0-9647298-8-1. Wow. It's like I found the great Manual of Perfect Living or something. Jeez, how'd I make it this far without this knowledge? I'll tell you what: I barely made it, that's what. I crawled the whole 41 years, that's what. But today it all changes, bitch. Soon I will command respect with my velvet attire and the exotic, hairless mynx that never leaves my side.
*Conversed with a squirrel this morning. In the secret forest down the street. The forest where I've also seen a 4-point buck and a wild turkey. The forest that measure 15 x 80 feet, that's sandwiched between a one-lane residential street and a 4-lane thoroughfare. I stepped under the Pine tree and the squirrel ran across a branch above me. I stopped and looked up. There he was, looking down at me. So close. All was quiet under the Pine canopy. He cleaned himself while he watched me. I spoke to him quietly, asked him his name, told him he was cute. He crawled closer, then closer still, til he was right above me, leaning down. His tummy was brown. I was afraid he was going to jump on me. I told him to move farther back, he was too close. He climbed straight up, then stopped and looked back at me. The experience was quiet, direct, real. I've seen that little guy before, scampering around the trees. Maybe now we are friends.

Time to sign out. Made it thru another day. Amen. No, wait, sorry: Awomen. Ah, sh*t, no, how about: Awymyn. There, everyone's happy. The whole world shakes in its shoes. The clouds smile with knowing joy. The stars glitter like nipples in the long night. Moonlight rains down like splooge.

No comments:

Post a Comment