Thursday, December 16, 2010

Grinches

Took out a Grinch last night, the fucker came at me like a hippo in the fog. I was walking my cat -- Shadow -- up by the abandoned school when he ran out of the shadows and blindsided me. Luckily I was armed to the teeth and I plugged the fat green buck with 2 .308 rounds. Got him in the stomach both times and he went down like a sack of steaming wet shit, neighing. Shadow tore off a good-sized chunk of his arm before I got her muzzled and sacked and out of the way. I cut his horns off and pulled his teeth and rolled him into the weeds for the school kids to skin at recess today. When I got home I let Shadow loose and gave her those cracked green teeth to play with. The horns are mine, though -- they're going over the mantlepiece. I went by the schoolyard today and there was nothing left but a pile of smoking, black bones, and next to them a note that said THANKS in kid's writing. Made me feel mushy all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment