Sunday, June 15, 2014

THE HIPPIE SURVIVALIST

-----
FB takes up all my writing energy these days...so much easier than updating a blog!  But here I am. Here is a fun little mod/hack I did this morning:


Above: The green sheath on the left came with the (carbon steel) Mora knife.  I found the black Mora sheath on the right in a free box - the knife fits perfectly!  The black sheath is a bit more substantial, but the hanger sucks.  Got to thinking outside-the-box in the middle of the night...


Above: Cut off most of the hanger on the black sheath.  Riveted on a central leather loop for velcro and/or a neck cord. Riveted a dangler belt hanger onto the side.


Above: Wa-laa!  New sheath.  It isn't perfect - but I don't care.
----------
More fun - some projects I've been working on with the rivet gun:


Above: These dirt shoes were coming un-glued, so I applied some contact cement and riveted them back together.


Above: My project post-apocalyptic biker jacket for Wasteland Weekend 2014.  Purchased this well-used welding jacket at a yard sale for 50 cents.  Riveted the free shoulder pads on.


Above: The back of the jacket - license plate & aluminum strip riveted on.


Above: I'm going for the post-apocalyptic bandito look.  Halfway there.  Now to add patches, spikes, rivets, hangers, etc.
-----

No comments:

Post a Comment