Saturday, March 19, 2011

Another Thneed - The JakPak

Well, it seems that a Seattle-based couple is selling a third version of the 21st Century Thneed, this one called the JakPak. It is a jacket, a sleeping bag and a tent, all in one. I don't know what to make of these garments. They are kind of geeky, and a bit silly, but I can see that in the right circumstances they would be useful, and very possibly life savers. For instance, if I was homeless, I'd want one. And if TSHTF and I was a nomad, I'd want one. If I was a pilot, I'd want one in my survival kit. Anyway, there you have it. Honestly, I'd rather see innovation than not, and I am always a proponent of compact, multi-use tools/appliances/garments.

But wait a second. I have a tiny & super-light Snuggy sleeping bag, and a Gore-Tex bivy sack, and a micro-fleece jacket, and they are awesome. So I don't need a Thneed.

No comments:

Post a Comment