Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Backup BOV



Not the best photo. But, here's my trusty mountain bike, ready to transport me once the Big One hits and Oaktown collapses into a maze of rubble-filled streets. Dual disk brakes, 24 speeds, aluminum frame, bar ends, toe clips, front and back racks, an LED Cateye, toolkit bag & 2 Kryptonite locks w/an additional cable. I don't know what brand this bike is, but I like it. It's not high-end but it's well made. I got it half price by using an REI dividend and a 20% coupon. Added most of the extras after the fact. Bar ends were $2 at a yard sale. Pannier bag (not shown) was %20 off due to a flaw. Still need to investigate flat-proof Kevlar tires.

My rule of thumb: Always lock you bicycle, even at home. Always keep it inside. Never leave it locked up unattended in public for more than 10 minutes. Everyone I know has had bicycles stolen, but no one follows these rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment