Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Memory

*
Once, when I was in college, I fell asleep for just a moment in Physics. For that moment I was deep in Interstellar Space, surrounded by distant stars. There was a milky-white globular cluster above me, and I came up beneath it so that it nestled onto the top of my head. It fit perfectly. Then I awoke, and class continued.

You might say that Interstellar Deep Space was, in that dream-moment, a metaphor for the Void, which is one state of God (the state in which nothing exists, but all things are possible) and which is characterized by absolute darkness. And you might say that in that dream-moment the milky-white globular cluster was a metaphor for the Source, which is another state of God (formless Unity/Consciousness), and which is to be found in the chakra that exists above the human head and corresponds to the color white.

That is my experience: That in that dream-moment I experienced two states of God. They had nothing to do with religion, tradition, words, humans, the world as we know or experience it - they existed completely outside of the human experience. But they were awesome, and perfect, and I miss them.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment