Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Good Stuff

*
I may have found the ultimate Hippie Survivalist website at Resilient Communities by John Robb, the genius who also runs the Global Guerrillas website.  As far as I can tell, Global Guerrillas is a website in which John Robb tracks and plots the future of warfare in all and any of its manifestations.  And Resilient Communities must be his solution to the emerging chaotic world that he sees/imagines/predicts/distills.  Today's RS blog entry concerns a new portable milling machine, housed in a shipping container, which can custom manufacture an entire house on site.  Go at it!
*
Another cool blog with a strong Facebook presence is Homestead Survival.  It's a bit girly, a bit cutesy, a bit on the feminine side.  They don't discuss guns.  But it is chalk-full of real-life info that will help you in all ways build a homestead.  Check it out their FB page HERE.
*
If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area East Bay and want someone to build you a shed for your backyard, consider The Shed Shop.  I'm ordering a shed thru them right now and I'm impressed with their quality and professionalism.  I suggest going to their business in Fremont and looking at their model sheds, as they cover a wide range of options, sizes and styles.  I will post more when this project is complete.
*
Below, more Mad Max 4: Fury Road pre-production photos I culled off the internet.  These are interesting vehicles, but I'm disappointed overall.  I don't want Mad Max manga!  I want Road Warrior realism.  We'll just see how the finished product sizes up and go from there.






 
*
Below: A 1943 Dodge Power Wagon WC-54 Military Ambulance.  My favorite vehicle of all time?  Maybe.  Just look at those lines...  I believe they had 4 wheel drive, a 6 cylinder engine, dual batteries and could be set up with dualies in back.  What a machine!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment