Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spring

 *
Dear God in Heaven.  You have an awesome day and think everything's fine and then you spend twenty minutes hunched over the toilet bowl, pissing out of your ass.

There are no ass-pissing atheists, let me tell you.
*
So, my new house has a unique energy field.  It is located within a Cone of Silence.  Well, it's not QUITE a Cone of Silence, because I can hear everything that goes on around me, but it's got a very unique vibe to it nonetheless.  You see, my cottage is surrounded on three sides by a school, a park, and a pedestrian thoroughfare.  And together they all emanate noise, mostly talking and shouting.  But my backyard seems to exist in a sort of nexus or "eye" in which all of this activity goes on around it while none of it touches it.  It's just so damn perfectly peaceful and warm in the center of it all.  It's a blessing, this house, nothing less.  I know when I have it good.
*
Have you ever noticed how EVERYTHING GOES BETTER WITH ZOMBIES?  I am watching the 2-season British TV show SURVIVORS (the recent re-release) and it's great, but it's a boring world they've created.  Why?  Because civilization collapsed and almost everyone died...but there are no zombies.  It's just too easy.
*
If one pursues the Survivalist Path far enough, one comes to the conclusion that Humanity, at this juncture in the cosmos, is poised at the edge of a perilous possibility.  The possibility is that of profound spiritual advancement, and the peril is the turmoil and upheaval that will accompany the birthing process of a new consciousness.  What I am saying is that Survivalists who miss that part of the collapse equation are not seeing the whole picture.  They will not fair well if they don't understand that the spiritual element of the coming trying times will require them to adapt to new paradigms.  If they don't adapt, they will perish with the old paradigms.  This is fact.
*
A fatal flaw in the Survivalist mentality is the reliance upon "stuff", by which I mean guns, ammo, canned food, fuel, generators, etc.  There is nothing wrong with these things per se, but none of them are sustainable.  They are all one-shot items.  You eat the MRE and it's gone.  You fire the bullet and it's gone.  You burn the diesel and the truck won't run.

The truth is that the individual himself is the tool.  If I want to truly be ready to survive apocalypse, then I need, in addition to my material stores, the adaptability, knowledge, imagination, and skill sets to survive.  Because I will bring those things with me everywhere I go and I cannot run out of them.

Community is absolutely essential for survival.  Community can change the world.  A smart survivalist will figure out how to create community - that is the greatest survival tool beside adaptability.
*
I have begun meditating again, the way I used to when I was a teenager.  Back then I had many profound experiences while meditating, and I have recently learned that this is because I was practicing "concentration" meditation (as opposed to "awareness" meditation), and it caused me to experience some of the inner states that the Buddhists call janas.  Among other things, I experienced energy phenomena, ecstasy and profound peace and stillness.  Those experiences changed me forever, in profound and lasting ways.  I went from being a non-believer to distilling a metaphysical cosmology and worldview.

In Eastern traditions much emphasis is placed on aiming for enlightenment and ignoring things like the janas.  I would like to say that I have a problem with that.  I understand that everything in existence is a dead end and that God-realization is the only escape/cure.  I am willing to acknowledge that yogic powers and the janas and even samadhi are not truly spiritual in and of themselves, that they are more akin to powers than to wisdom or spirit.  But yogic powers, the janas and samadhi ARE all metaphysical in nature, and herein lies their value.  They allow us humans to expand our range of experience, and to understand that the world is far vaster than we previously realized, and I find that vital.

Let's be honest.  God-realization is pretty much a pipe dream.  We are all caught up in this grand Illusion, no matter how much we struggle and strive.  No matter how hard we strive to find God, we're gonna be captives to Existence for a long, long time.  How long?  Meher Baba said that the human soul experiences 8.4 million lifetimes before finding spiritual release.  And that's AFTER the soul has evolved from the subtle gas states up thru the mineral, plant and animal kingdoms...each of which takes an eternity also.  I happen to believe that Meher Baba knew what he was saying.

Read THAT and weep.
*
I try to be spiritual, but then I find myself craving pussy and wanting to drink whiskey while I fire an automatic rifle.  That's my plight.
*
The author and two of his trusted minions, discussing war and world
domination from the safety of the Urban Fortified Food Farm.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment