Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hoodwinked

I'm reading John Perkin's latest book, Hoodwinked. I have to hand it to him, he is a commensurate writer: Articulate, focused and interesting. There is no filler in his books, they are simply fact, followed by logical insight. He articulates many of my own intuitions about the current socioeconomic state of the world. I must admit that I have long felt that John Perkins is a rather creepy individual, very possibly a sociopath, judging from his own descriptions of his life as an Economic Hit Man. He exudes that pale, reptilian whiteness that CIA operatives and Bushes and Cheneys exude. I myself find that vibration to be particularly repellent. However, I now have to admit that, sociopath or not, he writes what he does out of conscience and goodwill. He seems to be a Dark Lord who decided to step out of the Darkness and come clean, and for that he deserves kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment