Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crossbow Attachment for the AR-15 platform


The PSE TAC-15 crossbow pictured above costs $1,300 and mounts to an AR-15 receiver (not included). It is a serious piece of killing equipment and should not be purchased by children under the age of 9(!).
----------
Speaking of crossbows, I fired my Whammer Jammer yesterday. It was great fun, though the fletching tore off the arrow after about fifteen shots, rendering the arrow useless. The cheapy 14-inch aluminum arrow easily penetrated a water-logged straw bale, protruding thru the back by about 4 inches with each shot. It moved so fast thru the air that it was virtually invisible. While drawing the bowstring back, the metal foot loop slipped off my wet shoe, causing the crossbow to snap backwards. The buttstock hit the end of my weenie and slammed into the side of my crotch, skinning and bruising me. I think I'm lucky I didn't lose a ball. Needless to say, I shall not allow that accident to occur again.

No comments:

Post a Comment