Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting Spiritual As We Head Deeper Into A Century of Chaos

*This past year was a difficult one. While my own life was relatively uneventful, it was very hard to comprehend some of the events that occurred around me. Friends and relatives suffered thru all manner of difficulties: Suicide, a sudden death, marital separations, divorces, cancer, permanent disability, a stabbing, pregnancies, a birth, fizzling friendships, a shooting.... In the midst of this I felt at times uncentered & lonely, and at other times downright lost & forlorn. And in the end, my response was to try to practice mindfulness and remain in the moment instead of drifting off into emotion and painful flights of fancy; to attempt to accept my feelings without judgement or attachment. It seemed like the only thing to do.

*I have been delving deeper into the Hopi Prophecies. There is a lot there. I feel stuck with my life. I believe that we are well on our way into a difficult, yet rewarding century, but I don't know what to focus on or what path to take. The Hopi Prophecies are pretty out there, but they offer sound spiritual guidance. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment