Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Night Blog

* Woke up this morning, ate oatmeal, walked to get coffee, then bought organic produce at the local farmers market and ammo at the local sporting goods store.  It was an urban Hippie Survivalist kind of AM.

* Been raining heavily off and on for the last few days.  Nice set of storms, though - they are warm, from Hawaii.  It is cozy weather, kitty cat weather.  As soon as it clears I'll install one last rain gutter on my laundry room roof and attach it to the 3 recycled 50-gallon rain barrels I recently purchased.  They will be daisy chained together.
 
* Really awesome video HERE showing how to easily and inexpensively set your wrist rocket up to shoot arrows.  I am very happy to have found this video.  I think this guy's setup is ingenius, and I'd rather have a single folding slingshot than a bow.

* Lest you forget how to make a grid-down refrigerator, go HERE to polish up your skills.  This is must-have, must-know information for our energy descent future.

* I thought these Survival Tube Kits were cool, and it will be fun as hell to make my own out of PVC and my own gear.

* Recently watched Blood of Heroes for the first time.  Can't believe I never knew about it!  It's part of the PA canon.  Going to have to buy it and study it.  Found out it was filmed in Coober Pedy, Australia, too.  I was there a couple of years ago, spent the night in an underground hotel.  Here is a cool LINK to a neat Jugger story concerning the movie - be sure to follow the link at the end to see the awesome costume photos.

* In case you are in need of awesome PA flicks to watch, I want to recommend a few (in addition to Blood of Heroes).  The Horde is hands-down one of the best zombie flicks ever made.  You MUST watch it.  Stakeland is ostensibly a "vombie" flick, but really an atmospheric PA flick of epic proportions.  It never ceases to amaze me - I can watch virtually any/every scene repeatedly, it's like poetry.  Bellflower is not truly PA, but it contains enough homage to Mad Max to make it a must-see.  It is an experimental, low-budget film with epic cinematography.  Another zombie flick worth watching is Rambock: Berlin Undead.  It's only an hour long but that's alright.

* Passed this old Dodge Power Wagon outside the Farmers Market today.  What a truck!  Note the tool/battery boxes built into the fenders, the heavy duty front grill, the winch and the epic front bumper.  There was a homemade hippie camper on the back, with a loft tacked onto the top.  What I like about this old truck is it crosses the line between tractor and truck, and it is more of a motorized platform than a regular vehicle.  If I win the lottery I will refurbish one of these puppies and put a custom aluminum flatbed on back.


* HERE is a a cool little gizmo made by Revelate Designs which attaches to your bicycle's handle bars and allows you to carry a stuff sack.  I just got it and I'm going to test it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment