Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Hippie Survivalist - The Horkening

*This new Wrist Rocket Pro slingshot looks really cool.  It folds up and locks shut with the aid of a padlock, and it uses flat power bands.  It gets high reviews for durability and design.  You can find the basic unit for about US$45 with free shipping if you spend the time to google it out.


I gotta say, I have a thing for slingshots, particularly the old-school one-piece wrist rockets.  When I was a kid they were the height of cool.  I still have an aluminum one that I bought off my brother somewhere around 1980.  Every few years I go buy some power bands and have fun for a few days, til I break the bands by pulling too hard, then I pack it away in storage once again.

*Awesome images of a custom, movie-prop crossbow below.  Folding stock, folding prod, wooden frame, metal hand guard, pistol grip.  If only...


 *Thank God Winter Solstice has come and gone - now the days are getting longer!  It's cold as hell though, and I'm not enjoying that one bit.  No house heater!

*Finished watching the BBC 6-episode PA TV show called The Last Train.  It's on YouTube in 9-minute chunks.  It ROCKS!  Seriously!  It's got awesome ruins and it's bleak and unique.  It's a grim little fairy tale.  Go BBC!

*A Zombie Killer, made from lengths of bike & machine chain wrapped around a stout hammer handle.  A "restored" relic from the Dark Years - that time after all the ammo was gone and most of the adults were dead, when humanity was saved by the child soldiers who used crude, neo-medieval weapons to literally hammer down the zombie uprising.  Them was the heroes who measured thems' daily victories in tons of undead flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment