Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Hippie Survivalist - Xmas Day Updates

*Merry Christmas, to all you Christians and consumers.  Don't know about you, but Christmas was never a religious holiday for my family - more a time to visit kin and exchange presents.  I find the tradition lacking, but hope to resuscitate it with Christmas Eve presents, a Christmas Day Picnic and the Legend of Santa Zombie when I have my own brood.

*Four awesome car gimmicks of yesteryear - press HERE.  The 45 rpm record player is my all-time fav.  Can you imagine?  It's nothing short of genius.  The 8-track tape was a close second, in terms of pure unwieldy-ness.

*An intriguing new all-electric vehicle that gets good mileage but is (as usual) no steal at 16-20K.  Press HERE.

*299 Days: The Community - a kindle survivalist ebook (US$9.95) that may be of interest to Hippie Survivalists.  I couldn't tell you for sure, since I haven't read it.

*The Snare-Vival-Trap looks like a good gizmo for a bugout bag, no?  It doesn't look like a deal at US$14.95 IMHO, but that's our economy for you.

*With a name like MAGS: Building A Mutual Assistance Group for Survival, this US$3.95 ebook was almost certainly written by an old-school, gun-loving survivalist.  It probably contains useful info - plz let me know if it does!  A year ago I would have purchased this without a second thought, but times change and I am reducing expenditures now, so I will forgo the purchase unless someone convinces me otherwise.

*This blog entry contains a useful basic intro to building a weapon from an 80% blank and a parts kit.

*More info on the planned survivalist community called The Citadel.  It's a fascinating idea and it's sure to be a useful experiment.  It doesn't quite suit my predilections, though - too utopian, too gun-oriented, too Patriot-oriented.  When I start my own community I intend to keep it solution-oriented and forward-oriented above all else.  This will allow the community members to be unencumbered by old notions and history as they let go of the past and embrace the changing present to create a more functional future.

*Jeez, just pumped this entry out in order to maintain my own space in the face of overwhelming family members.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment